As part of the process, IT will have RF emmissions evaluations performed by a third-party to ensure that all installations are compliant with FCC regulations and any emissions are below safety limits.
Facts on Wireless Safety:
• Wireless devices and facilities must adhere to radio frequency (“RF”) emission guidelines established and enforced by the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”)
• Under federal law, state and local governments do not have regulatory oversight for the placement of wireless facilities on the basis of environmental effects of RF emissions if the facilities comply with FCC regulations governing RF emissions
• RF emissions from wireless facilities generally are significantly lower than permitted. According to recent studies, “RF exposures from base stations range from 0.002% to 2% of the levels of international exposure guidelines.
• There is no credible scientific evidence that RF emissions from wireless base stations are wireless networks have adverse health or environmental effects.
• The World Health Organization has conducted a review of all available studies and concluded that “there is no convincing scientific evidence that the weak RF signals from base stations and wireless networks cause adverse health effects.”
• The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has determined that based on all available evidence, there is “no increased health risk due to radio-frequency (RF) energy.”
• The National Cancer institute has concluded that despite the rise in cell phone use, brain cancer rates did not increase between 1987 and 2005.
• The FCC has concluded that “There is no scientific evidence to date that proves that wireless phone usage can lead to cancer or a variety of other health effects, including headaches, dizziness or memory loss”
Facts and Conclusions from: Wireless Infrastructure Association Fact Sheet
FCC, Second Memorandum Opinion and Order and Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
World Health Organization, Electromagnetic Fields and Public Health
Please use this form to provide your contact information and message. We will get back to you as quickly as possible!